Pale Emperor(2015) by Marilyn Manson | Teen Ink

Pale Emperor(2015) by Marilyn Manson

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Marilyn Manson, an icon of shock rock and heavy metal. Of course you guys may know him for the albums Antichrist Superstar, Machanical Animals, and Holy Wood. But Manson has evolved from the classic sound we all know him for back in the 90's for better for worse. Pale Emperor was released on January of this year and is a bit more bluesy than you might remember and that's because of his emotional state as of now. If you don't know, he's on an independent label he made himself and has pretty much full control of what he can do. Born Villin was his first album under his label and this comes after. Pale Emperor is a great album, at least in my opinion that is, because he has a more emotional bluesy style to his music because of his popularity in the mainstream which has gone down since the 90's. Tracks like Third Day of a Seven Day Binge and Deep Six are good examples of what the man can do.

While I am aware that not many people really like this album, I can see why, it's due to his change in style and his current state. As you can tell, this makes for some great evolution on his music, at least for me. I'm out of the ordinary anyways so it definatly suits me in a way. 

I would give this album a 8.5/10

Next up The Parallax EP by Between the Buried and Me.