Echos of Battle by Caladan Brood | Teen Ink

Echos of Battle by Caladan Brood

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Based off of the Malazen Book of the Fallen series we have Salt Lake City, Utah's Caladan Brood. Falling under the atmospheric black metal catagory this album also is the band's debut. The band managed to have many elements in place, an hour long yes. Based off a story, yes. Long, lengthy tracks, yes yes yes. Back when it was first released everyone flocked to this album and gave high scores on their reviews over the summer. This album is only based off of the first book of the Malazen series which says that they are most likely going to release more stuff in the future, we're all looking forward to that next one guys, don't rush anything.

Now about the sound, the sound can only be described as viking style especially with the enormous sounding chant throughout the album. The black metal screaming actually works well with the music pretty well as well. The guitars are also pretty good, you can hardly hear them though, just a bit of repitisousness with them and the drums despite being exelantly made are from a drum machine which is interesting to know. If you love folk sounds, reading, black metal, or long sounds you may like, no, love this album. For a debut, it is also something of a masterpiece and even for those who don't like it, should consiter it as such. 

I give this album a 9.5/10 and I hope to get the album, book, and see their next album soon.

Pale Emperor by Marilyn Manson is next.