Still Life(1999) by Opeth | Teen Ink

Still Life(1999) by Opeth

February 25, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Opeth's fourth album is the secod of what seems like two cocept albums thus far. While it seems no oe knows what it's about, we doknow the character Melinda is involved. It cotais a total of eight tracks I believe and spans for the usual length of over an hour. Tracks like Benughted and The Moor are popular pieces on the album and is more or less a step up from My Arms Your Hearse, their third album.

To some this is better than other albums lime Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries, but to others this is a cofusing mess. I follow in the former category because as long as you like the music you should be fine to listen to definently easier than Orchid or Morningrise. I might declare this my favorite album for now but it's a toss up between the third and fourth album by the wonderful band known as Opeth. This was also the first album to feature the album title on the cover, though it can be hard to see and isin cursive.

I love this album and so should you, I have to give this a 10/10.


The author's comments:

Next Ensifurum's One Man Army. Opeth fans forever.