The Disregard Of Timekeeping | Teen Ink

The Disregard Of Timekeeping MAG

By Anonymous

   It doesn't take a music connoisseur to realize that this album has little redeeming value. Bonham is Jason Bonham, son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, and a cast of relative unknowns. Son Jason has very big shoes to fill, and it seems inevitable that whatever he does will be compared to his father's work. Similarities can be drawn between the music on this album and that of father John's. However, if those similarities can be cast aside, one can derive a small amount of enjoyment from this album. Of course, one must also do one's best to ignore the lyrics, a bunch of rehashed clich"s. The first single, "Wait For You," prominently features Jason's heavy, almost excessive drumming. Lead singer Daniel MacMaster's vocals do a decent job of complementing this overproduced tune as well as the album's other more rocking tracks. The rest of the album's tracks are pretty much more of the same, if not worse. There are the mandatory power ballads in the pseudo-inspirational, "Dreams" and "Just Another Day," "Holding On Forever" can also qualify.

The word "clich"" just kept popping into my head, especially in the songs, "Guilty" and "Playing To Win." The latter of the two features the lyrical gem, "Acuz I'm playing to win, never gonna lose." Must have taken years to come up with that. What depressed me is that I enjoyed listening to this album. If, like me, you're a sucker for a discernable beat and lame, really lame lyrics, go out and buy this one.