The Concert For Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Concert for Life, performed for the late Freddy Mercury who died of AIDS, was indeed the greatest concert I, and many others, have ever seen on MTV. The crowd was ecstatic throughout.

There were performances from Extreme, Metallica, Guns 'N' Roses, Spinal Tap, George Michael, Elton John and many others. They all sang Queen songs plus a few of their own. Listening to other people sing Queen songs was very irksome because nobody can sing the way Freddy Mercury did. This concert truly reminded us how great a singer Mercury was.

To end the concert, Liza Minelli sang "We Are The Champions," a perfect finale to this four-hour show. n

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 12:40 am
i love this so much!