Porno For Pyros This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Porno for Pyros

For all those people who loved "Jane's Addiction" and heard of Perry Farell's new band cast all memories of "Jane's" away. The voice stayed and so did the brilliance of the words but the music combines the funk Stephen Perkins learnt with "Infectious Grooves" and the surfer/punk guitar styling of bassist Martin LeNoble and lead guitarist Peter Distefano. This self-titled album will take you through the world of the devastating summer of 1992 in L.A. and give you a clear perspective of one man's life on those streets.

This is the album that combines alternative themes, Sex (and violence), drugs, and rock 'n' roll. All expectations were met with this album. The one problem is that it leaves you wanting more and more and you will probably wear out your CD (since I don't think a tape does the sound justice). A definite must for all people who are sick of the commercialism of alternative music.Review by K. R., Berlin, NH