Songs of Innocence by U2 | Teen Ink

Songs of Innocence by U2

November 5, 2014
By PhishyWater BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
PhishyWater BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life's too short to be driving Honda Civics.


U2: Songs of Innocence Review
 

 

It’s been four years after U2’s terrible “No Line on the Horizon” and since then U2 has cleaned up their act. Even though many people believe “Songs of Innocence” wasn’t a great album, many reasons prove that it is.

For those of you who are new to U2, here is some information on the new album. “Songs of Innocence” has 11 songs. It is the Irish rock band’s 13th studio album. What was really interesting was the release. “Songs of Innocence” was released on September 9th, 2014. 500,000,000 iTunes users had the album downloaded directly into their libraries.

I love the style of music on the new album. It is classic U2. Not a lot of new things were incorporated in “Songs of Innocence,” but that’s okay, because I like normal U2. A lot of the songs sound like some of U2’s earlier songs, like ‘Iris (Hold Me Close)’ and ‘Every Braking Wave.’ Then again, there are a few new, like the disastrous ‘Raised by Wolves,’ with just about the worst rhythmical lyrics there can be. But the most original song on the album was ‘The Troubles.’ This song has mostly background with a bit of an eerie feeling, and Bono chimes in every once in a while.

There are a numerous amount of amazing songs on “Songs of Innocence” so I’ll only talk about two. ‘Every Braking Wave’ is slow and soft, and the melody is similar to ‘With or Without You’ one of U2’s greatest songs. And ‘The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)’ is another great song about Joey Ramone, who deserves a song written about him. It’s got some hard driving guitar with some exploding drums.

Although there’s a lot of dispute over “Songs of Innocence” it’s definitely one U2’s finest.


The author's comments:

I hope this helped!