A Benefit For Babies Hospital | Teen Ink

A Benefit For Babies Hospital MAG

James Taylor - A Benefit for Babies Hospital

"Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call, and I'll be there, you've got a friend." James Taylor, one of the most talented entertainers of all time, has definitely kept his promise to the thousands of sick children he helped by raising money for Babies Hospital in New York City. Last month, James Taylor held three benefit concerts at the Paramount, which raised approximately $1.2 million for the hospital.

From the moment he hit the stage and began to sing the first lines of "Sweet Baby James," to the incredible encore of "You've Got a Friend," James Taylor kept the crowds cheering. His fans sang in unison to every song that was sung. Of course he sang all the old favorites including; "Carolina on My Mind ... How Sweet It Is," and the unforgettable "Fire and Rain." The night would not have been complete without some of his more recent hits such as "Copperline" and "The Frozen Man."

During intermission, the head of pediatrics at Babies Hospital came onto the stage and thanked all who were part of the benefit. This was followed by an extremely emotional video about the hospital and exactly what the money was going to be used for. The film showed many of the premature babies and ill children who are healed by the wondrous doctors at Babies. After viewing the movie, everyone in the audience felt as if s/he had accomplished a noble deed by contributing to the cause.

From beginning to end, James filled the room with his popular serenades and undying energy. Without fail, James Taylor gave his all-out best for a great cause and definitely made the night memorable for all his adoring fans. .

Review by J. B, New City, NY

i love this so much!