Ultimate Experience | Teen Ink

Ultimate Experience MAG

Songs don't often make you think about yourself and your life. When they do, it really makes a person think about life and whether or not they are happy with it. The songs of Jimi Hendrix seem to entrance the listener and make them wonder. The great thing about this is that each person thinks something different and interprets his songs differently. On "The Ultimate Experience," a collection of his best works, each song has a message but no one person can interpret it correctly, because there is not one right answer. It is like the riddle that can't be answered, each person must decide for himself what it is. It wasn't his voice that was so entrancing but the way he played the guitar. He played with such a passion, evident in songs like "Purple Haze" and even "Star Spangled Banner."

Although he died 25 years ago, his music still touches people and at times can even open up the "wild side" of a person. Even a simple song like "Castles Made of Sand," with a soft beat and basically spoken words can stay in your mind as a reminder of how difficult life can be. Most of Jimi's songs were about sad and depressing thoughts, yet when you listen it doesn't really matter. His songs weren't written to make people happy; they were written to tell people what can happen if changes are not made. Hendrix once said, "You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven." This view is expressed in his songs as well as the need for people to take chances.

The best way to understand the music of Jimi Hendrix was put best when he said "Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction." .

i love this so much!