Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute | Teen Ink

Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute MAG

The Red Hot Chili Peppers' most recent album, "One Hot Minute," was released in late 1995, but it continues to be one of my favorite CDs. Breaking from their traditional style of "funk" music, this album contains a variety of music. This diversity is what makes it a great album instead of just a very good one.

"One Hot Minute" is an improvement of the group's previous albums primarily because of the addition of former Jane's Addiction guitarist, Dave Navarro. Navarro's skill is incredible; it often changes the whole style of their music, (something that former guitarist Joe Fuscante never did).

Previous changes to the group were different did not affect the musical style, which remained the same in most albums. But Navarro has caused a more significant change, and this makes the experience much more enjoyable.

The album is a blend of Chili Peppers' funk style of old and the hard rock/alternative perspective brought by Navarro. Their first single, "Warped," which gained popularity rapidly, is a change in their style since Navarro's guitar is stronger than Flea's bass line. Their second single, "My Friends," is unique because of the acoustic guitars, something not often used. Their traditional funk style is alive and well in their most recent single, "Aeroplane," and also in "Walkabout," a song that has not had as much popularity. My personal favorite song is "Coffee Shop," which is more along the lines of "Warped." It's my guess that it will be the next popular single. With Flea's killer bass line, Kiedis's spitting vocals, Navarro's skill on guitars, and the rhythm of Smith on drums, this song is unbeatable.

I'd have to say that this album is probably my current favorite of my collection of almost 60 CDs. On no other album is it possible to sample such a variety of great music. I'd have to say that I enjoy every single song. It is truly an essential addition to any CD collection

i love this so much!