Red Hot Chili Peppers | Teen Ink

Red Hot Chili Peppers MAG

By Anonymous

   Seeing Silverchair and the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Boston's Fleet Center was one of the most entertaining experiences of my life. What could be better than seeing two of my favorite bands perform in one night?

The first band was the Rentals, featuring bassist Matt Sharp of Weezer. The Rentals performed their hit "Friends of P" and several other songs. An interesting thing about the Rentals is their use of the Moog synthesizer.

Silverchair appeared on stage about forty-five minutes after the Rentals' departure. They began with "Madman," their heavy instrumental, followed by "Findaway." Nothing was audible over Silverchair's music. The band played several experimental songs. Their playing was flawless. Even "Faultline," the worst song on their excellent album "Frogstomp," sounded awesome. The tragic "Suicidal Dream" chilled the crowd before "Leave Me Out" warmed it up. Silverchair saved their most popular songs such as "Tomorrow" and "Pure Massacre" for the end. I could feel Chris Joannou's bass on "Israel's Son," Silverchair's last song, affecting my heartbeat. Ben Gillies proved to be on of the best drummers in today's music world. When the song ended Daniel Johns, Silverchair's guitarist and lead vocalist, jumped around the stage much like the late great Kurt Cobain.

By the time the Red Hot Chili Peppers came on, every seat in the Fleet Center was filled. Anthony Kiedis, Dave Navarro, and Flea appeared without shirts as always. They began with "Suck My Kiss" which was followed by "Aeroplane." The Red Hot Chili Peppers do a superb job at livening up their shows. They made jokes (that some would consider in poor taste) between songs. Anthony Kiedis ran around the stage and even threw a guitar into the audience. Other songs included "Warped," "My Friends," "Higher Ground," "Give It Away," and "Under the Bridge." It was the best concert I have ever been to