The Fugees - The Score This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Yes! Finally, after reading all about it, it finally came out. I rushed to the store and bought one right away. If you're wondering, I'm talking about the Fugees' album "The Score." Featuring three hit singles: "Killing me Softly," "Ready or Not," and "Fugee-la," this is one CD you won't want to miss. It's great music for rap lovers (like me). It raps about life on the East Coast, but not too much about drugs and sex. In the song "How many Mics," the quote "I get mad frustrated when I rhyme/thinkin of all the kids/who try to do this/for all the wrong reasons/seasons change/mad things rearrange" shows that they're trying to discourage kids from doing all that. It's not all straight music but I believe it's starting to send rap in the right direction. I appreciate rap music, but sometimes I wish more music was like this. It gives you some hope. If you want to support and see this happen, go listen! .