Twilight Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

brina said...
Annisa K. leave out all the rest (by: Linkin Park) fit because if you read the next book,New Moon, It fits perfectily. It is suggestive of what will happen.

Annisa K. said...
I don't get how Leave Out All the Rest worked.

Theresa S. said...
Apr. 18, 2009 at 12:21 am
The main song I wanted to hear was EDWARD'S of course....I love it it is my all time favorite I just wish they had put his other song "Let me sign" on the album....But alas they didn't...Cause they SUCK....but I still LOVE the CD.

xcupcakesxbrokenheartx said...
Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:44 am
I really love Paramore and Linkin Park... honestly, I skipped past the song that Robert Pattinson sang every time until I realized that EDWARD CULLEN was singing it! I do love the books and movie, though; they're my guilty indulgences.

Dalton C. said...
Some songs on the album were fitting and very good, but others just seemed to be stuck in there, slightly with the theme, but not like the before-mentioned ones were.

Jojo J. said...
Very good book. i just loved the book, and Edward and Bella. I hope i will found a boyfriend who is like Edward.

moonpetal replied...
I agree he is very nice to Bella. And he opens car doors and stuff for her.....It's sad he left her tough.Not cool, at least it was to protect her.Kinda, from himself.I haven't gotten the sound track.I am questioning if i am a twi-hard to:D i mean it's ok but some things they say are quite fake.Didn't they play the song "your all i have"by Snow Patrol in the scene where there running around the trees???Cause I thught they did but noone mentioned it so maybe not? I renember freaking out cause the... (more »)

twi-lover-emo said...
i like the soundtarck, i love the songs-decode paramore is almost as good as hawthorne heights:)
supermassive blackhole(i didn't know at first that it was muse.)
the linkin park song.
they are some really deep songs that fit the movie and book both very well.

TwiHard-duh! said...
I love the twilight series and Im really glad I found this article! but the one thought that i had was 'okay, i may freak when i see a silver volvo, but it doesnt mean anything for a spaz'. I love this article.

edwardlover101 said...
I lave twilight so much!I think it is awsome and bella is always getting hurt, I think the people in the hostiptial know her name by heart!

MiniAlice said...
I LOVE twilight. I went to see the movie three-eight times when it was in theatres, pre ordered the last copy of the DVD on amazon, and have worn out my CD I've played it so much.

chea said...
oooooooooh my gosh I love twilight sooo much I can read one of either book in two days or less I am almost as good as rob I saw in a magazine that he can read all in 1 weekend I love him so much and bella is just there to hold my place until I get there!!!!!!!

edwardlover4273 said...
I LOVE Rob pattinson so so much

Kittink said...
Nice review! A thoughtful look at the soundtrack's pros and cons. I didn't like Rob Pattison's song at all for a while, but I might have to listen to it again after reading this review. ;)

Doris said...
i love twilight i read all four books and seen the movie i cant wait tilll the next movie!i love edward

trex1117 said...
Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:36 am
i love, love, love muse. dont care too much for twilight, but Muse ROCKS!

crittel said...
Thanks, loved the article! I believe we all have a crush ;)

wendilynn said...
took me a long time to like the Muse tune until I saw the baseball scene, it fit perfectly. living in the NW, I've played lots of baseball in the rain. its fun.

FlyChic89 said...
Dec. 31, 2008 at 1:00 am
Awesome articule!
It was thought provoking and to the point. It is always nice to read a review that is not harsh or crude! keep up the good work!