Twilight Soundtrack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

Winged_Melody25 said...
Ok. I am split on the whole issuse of twilight. I was one of the first poeple to read it before it was all the rage. I loved them. Then when the movie came out I was excited to see. I did and I didn't really like it. The chareters are very flat in the movie and continue to stay that way into the New Moon. And now sadly, I'm starting to really not like both the books or the movies cause on the over barring Fangirls (and some fanboys). They freak when ever the see or hear Edward or Jacob... (more »)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:12 am :

Nothing against Kristen Stewart!!!

montana said...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 11:11 am:
I do not agree, but this piece is written very well. Do u think u can check my work out and uh rate it. Thanks.

Dynasty said...
i loved the twilight soundtrack but the songs from new moon seem a bit depressing i cant listen to them without changing the song

PurpleMidnight said...
Nov. 28, 2009 at 9:24 am:
I hated the movie, it ruined the whole book. The songs "Leave Out All The Rest", "Decode", and "I Caught Myself" kept me watching though. New Moon I heard was better, but still could have improved some. I have high hopes for Eclipse and especially Breaking Dawn.

bennyB said...
Nov. 22, 2009 at 8:37 am:
I absolutly hate the sound track is just awful

Martinez replied...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 4:35 pm :
I dont blame you i hate them 2

twilight_teen14 said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:04 am:
I absolutely love the Twilight Movie Soundtrack! My favorite songs being: "Leave Out All The Rest", "Flightless Bird, American Mouth", and "Bella's Lullaby". I love all the other a lot to though!

writer24/7/365 said...
yup. i especially love "Decode" and "I Caught Myself", both by Paramore.

Annabelle7614 replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 4:54 pm :
Me too, I love paramore. I hated Leave Out All The Rest and Bella's Lullaby and me and my BFF started gagging when we heard Robert Pattison singing. I swear, his voice gives me a migraine. Why do all celebrities think they have to make a CD even if they can't sing to save their lives?

vampires123 said...
great soundtrack.. i think a band like Kill Hannah would have fit perfectly too<br /> they have a new cd coming out too- so vampire music

slowitdownnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:21 am:
I thought R-Patz sounded drunk when he sang Never Think. He mumbles half the words and you can't understand any of it.

Abhilash P. said...
I think linkin park's "Leave out all the rest" is the best track of the cd....it perfectly captures the film's mood,at the end of it.
P.S-I love KRISTEN STEWART.Anyone who knows her personally can pass her this piece of info!!

twilight_teen14 replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:05 am :
I agree I love that song

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 9:41 pm:
i cant wait until new moon comes out it is going to be the bomb wow!!!!

XD(LUVEEE YOU ALICE!!!XD said...
Jul. 3, 2009 at 8:45 pm:
good job. :D

inspiredbynature said...
Jun. 27, 2009 at 2:22 am:
first off i am sorry for offending twi-fans in advance, but the movie ruined the literacy of the book. the movie changed the vibe and brought a bubble-gum popularity to the book and made me sick to read it. However, Meyer is still a great author and the CD was amazing. I loved it. I just dont think Kristen Steward was that good and Rob was believable... it was too over done.

Annabelle7614 replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm :
I think the guy for Edward should have been more majestic and, well, good looking. The movie really did ruin the book and I'll bet Stephanie Meyer regretted letting it become a movie. Whoever chose the actors should be either sued or put into a mental hospital.

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 22, 2009 at 6:57 am:
inspirational is all i can say about this movie and this soundtrack it was the best and the artical of course great job.

Sunshine said...
Jun. 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm:
Personally i dont like twilight all that much... i have only read the first bok and the only time i really liked the book is when i got close to the end. bellas lullaby is beautiful i can play it on the piano. all the other songs are ok! but have u seen jacob hes really cute

Jenna C. said...
Jun. 4, 2009 at 7:40 pm:
I'm a crazed twi-hard!!!!