Squirrel Nut Zippers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Squirrel Nut Zippers are a talented new band, formed two years ago. They've released three albums, one of which was limited edition, "Sold Out." They have a style of music that is similar to the hot jazz of the 1920's. The first album, "The Inevitable," contains 12 tracks, none of which were popular. But "La Gripe" is the best song of the CD. There is also a cool version of "La Gripe" on "Sold Out." Most of the songs are up-beat, but they all have jazz tones. The second album, "Hot," had two tracks releases. "Hell," the first, is familiar to many people. The other, "Put a Lid on It," is another excellent song. The thing that makes

the Squirrel Nut Zippers unique is the use of both violin and trumpet, ukulele and saxophone, to create a distinct sound. If you

haven't checked them out yet, Squirrel Nut Zippers is definitely a band to listen to