Janet Jackson: The Velvet Rope This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Janet Jackson has come out with another successfulalbum featuring her new hit "Together Again." This song won1997 Best Song of the Year from the American Music Awards. "TheVelvet Rope" is a great album not only because of its great songsbut also because of the smooth transitions of its 22 tracks. Jackson putin five interlude tracks to help the album flow together. She describesthis album as one of her best because she feels it expresses the waythat she, like every other person, has the need to feel special. Jacksonbest expresses this need to feel special in track two, "VelvetRope."

Even though Jackson is known for her phenomenal dancemoves, she described her dancing as "okay" on"Oprah." This year alone she has performed for the Soul TrainMusic Awards, The Grammy's, and the American Music Awards, to name afew.