Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen | Teen Ink

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

July 10, 2014
By CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
124 articles 42 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
He who is bound to a star does not turn back.
Leonardo Di Vinci

You see I'm a bit of a poet, and you did not know it! What!?
~Sir Percy Blakeney


Bohemian Rhapsody, a song that topped the charts in the 80’s, is beginning to make a comeback. The song, composed and sung by the band queen, showcases Freddie Mercury’s dark lyrics and unique style.
The song begins with the melodramatic story of a boy who committed murder and therefore 'threw his life away.’ The melody is slow and haunting in this first verse and sounds almost like a ghost story put to music. As the song goes on there is a sudden halt in the melody and the music transforms into a rock song. Amid the guitar and drum riffs, the characters in the song seem to be engrossed in a life or death argument. During this utter musical chaos Freddie Mercury shows off his amazing falsetto and harmonies.
Finally, the melody becomes slow and haunting again as the final lyrics are uttered and we realize that the story is at its end.

I’ve listened to this song hundreds of times because I adore its unique style and wonderful lyrics. I highly recommend this song to anyone who will listen to it, and if you decide to listen to this song, know that you’ll probably end up listening to it on constant repeat.