Outkast - Aquemini | Teen Ink

Outkast - Aquemini MAG

I bought the new Outkast CD and itis very different from the band's previous work. Outkast isknown for their interesting beats and rhythms more thananything else. The album has a few hits that were famous and Ican see why. Other songs were also put out but they were notas great. Their two greatest hits, "Rosa Parks" and"Skew It on The Bar-B" aside, the only other songs Ithought were decent were "Da Art of Storytellin' (part2)" and "Chonkyfire."

To tell you thetruth, Outkast is one of my favorite groups, but I don'trecommend this CD because there are not many great songs onit. Many of them sound similar.

There are, however, afew worthy reasons to buy this CD: a quick pace ofsinging/rapping (which is unique), unbelievable beats and tworeally great hits that are hard to stop listening to("Rosa Parks" and "Skew it on the Bar-B").All of these add flavor to the CD.

If you can find thesingles of Outkast's two most famous hits, get them, thoughthey are almost impossible to find. I enjoyed four of thesongs, but that's four out of a 16-track CD.