Santana - Supernatural | Teen Ink

Santana - Supernatural MAG

By Anonymous

   Santana's 27th album"Supernatural" - his first containing all new trackssince the 1995 release of "Dance of the RainbowSerpent" - has struck a major chord with youth and adultsalike. This 13-song CD features eight guest appearances by thelikes of Dave Matthews, Everlast and Eric Clapton. Alsoincluded in the chart-topping single "Smooth" is RobThomas, lead singer of Third-Eye Blind. This album has aperfect mix of Latin and blues tracks featuring the beautifulwailing sounds produced by guitarist and singer CarlosSantana. The tracks that will probably catch your attentionmost are "Put Your Lights On," featuring Everlast,"Do You Like The Way," featuring Lauryn Hill andCee-Lo and the eight-minute blues masterpiece, "TheCalling," featuring Eric Clapton. If you fast-forwardabout 35 seconds after the last song, you will find adelightful, hidden Latin-Blues track featuring both acousticand electric solos.

"Supernatural" is thefirst Santana album to hit number one since the 1971 releaseof "Santana III." The single "Smooth" isthe band's first ever, surpassing the 1971 hit "BlackMagic Woman," which peaked at number four. The arrival of"Supernatural" in the number one spot coincides withthe 30-year anniversary of the first Santana album. This albumis the best ever by Santana, and from the sounds of things,the best is yet to come. For more information, visit theband's website at www.santana.com.