Guilty All The Same by Linkin Park | Teen Ink

Guilty All The Same by Linkin Park

By rabcfcuj SILVER, London, Other
rabcfcuj SILVER, London, Other

On March the seventh this year, Linkin Park made their long awaited comeback with their new single “Guilty All The Same” from their upcoming album “The Hunting Party”. I was sceptical about the song, since Linkin Park’s last two albums and their remix album were too close to EDM for my liking, and like many other fans, I had wanted another Hybrid Theory. So when I heard how guitar driven the song was, and the complete lack of electronics, I was blown away, since I did not think I would ever get to hear another Linkin Park song that I enjoyed.
Then my excitement grew when I saw Linkin Park interviews where the band would say that the band were trying to make modern punk, and avoid the new indie-pop that is currently popular. I thought this was a brilliant idea.
But then I started to judge the song on the actual quality of the song, and not the concepts behind the song. I found that the song is rather basic instrumentally, and vocally overly repetitive. While the song is still relatively catchy, I feel like Linkin Park could have done better, and if this is the first single then I am slightly worried for the rest of the album, however a song with Daron from System of a Down might save the album
Rating: 3/5

I had low hopes for this song but it was very different to what I had expected.