Incubus | Teen Ink

Incubus MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Once again, Incubus hits fans with an off-the-hook, rock-in' good time show during Lollapalooza this summer. They proved to many how incredibly amazing and hypnotizingly diverse they are.

While still playing their old emotion-riveting songs, they also did new stuff they stumbled on while laying low before the tour. The new sound shows how Incubus is warming back up to their hard-core feel.

Lollapalooza hit all over the United States - from California to New York, and everywhere in between - with thousands attending each show. In Indianapolis, while the Incubus set was playing, there were 12,250 people alone! Bands like Jane's Addiction, Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, Jurassic 5, The Donnas, The Distillers, Rooney, and A Perfect Circle were on the line up, too. With bands like these and Incubus, the concerts pretty much blew these towns away.

I'm a fan of most of these groups, but my favorite is Incubus. Unfortunately, I did not get to see them during Lollapalooza, but I have gotten to see them in concert.

The stage lights drew me in to the point where I felt like I was the only one in the room and they was playing just for me. The music took my mind on a radical ride to another world where my body was taken over by the rhythms and moved to the beats.

If you can imagine, the one thing on every girl's mind was, "How many songs is it going to take for Brandon Boyd to have no shirt on?" All my friends and I made our bets. With every song, a button was unbuttoned and finally the shirt was gone and, of course, everybody went wild!

If you're into music with a rock feel and emotional lyrics, Incubus is the band for you. Their shows are energy-filled and so riveting that you don't want to leave. If you don't own any of their CDs, check out their most recent, "Morning View." Songs like "Just a Phase" and "Wish You Were Here" were played on the tour.

I give Incubus five out of five stars. They satisfy all my cravings for seductive beats and mind-boggling rhythms. I recommend everyone go pick up "Morning View" today! .