Mighty Rearranger | Teen Ink

Mighty Rearranger MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     Robert Plant: does that name sound familiar? If you are a fan of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant was the voice of all your favorite tracks - from “Kashmir” to “Stairway to Heaven.” His solo album, “Mighty Rearranger,” shows that he's still got “it.” What “it” is, I was never sure, but Plant is still just as good as when he was rocking out with Jimmy Page. Instead of trying to escape his past (as many artists do), Plant has embraced it. The Strange Sensation complements Plant's vocals about as well as the rest of Zeppelin did back in the '70s.

The first single, “Shine It All Around,” has received quite a bit of airplay, as it should. The song itself is amazing, but if you search through for the hidden “track,” you can see that techno remixes can still be good. The song “Freedom Fries” is an obvious throwback to the days of Zeppelin, while the title track uses an impressive combination of guitar and piano blues playing, leaving an excellent sound for your enjoyment. “All the King's Horses” reveals Robert Plant still has a talent for writing great lyrics.

Although Plant has done other albums, he hasn't done anything amazing, at least not popular enough for radio play. So, if you've been wondering what Plant has been doing since Led Zeppelin fell apart in 1980, then you should pick up “Mighty Rearranger.” You'll see that he hasn't changed much in the past 25 years. Oh, and in case you were wondering, in Plant's case, that is definitely a good thing.