Josh Groban – “Noel” | Teen Ink

Josh Groban – “Noel” MAG

Josh Groban hit it big with his single “You Raise Me Up” and has done it again with his new CD, “Noel,” which shines a new light on Christmas favorites. Groban includes classics like “Silent Night” and “O Come All Ye Faithful,” as well as new hits like “Thankful.” This album had been long awaited and flew off shelves ­immediately.

The way Groban portrays the ­traditional songs shows a lot about him. His deep voice adds life and makes young and old fall in love with these timeless classics. My favorite song of all time is brought to life: “Angels We Have Heard On High” is an all-time favorite.

For those who love carols, this is a must-have CD. Bring a new flair to the classic Christmas tradition by adding this heartwarming CD to your ­collection. I promise it will be worth your money.

missalice BRONZE, Fall River, Massachusetts
This is one of my favorite Christmas albums. However, the duet with Faith Hill on "The First Noel" left me unsatisfied, no offense to Ms. Hill but her vocals are not nearly as strong as Josh's. I think a better pick, as far as female country artists go, would have been Trisha Yearwood. Her vocals are very powerful and she has excellent range, I think it would have been a better match. Very good, if brief review, keep writing.-Alice

Mr.Knightley BRONZE, Strafford, New Hampshire
Short and to the point, which I like. My favorite Josh Groban songs are "Vincent," "Mi Mancherai," "Mai," "In her eyes," "Let me fall," "Oceano,"... The list goes on and on!!!

c j said...
on Dec. 17 2008 at 2:21 am
i love josh!! he is the awesomest singer/songwriter on the face of the planet!!!...i love "Raise Me Up," "My Confession," "Per Te," "Oceano," "Noel," and MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!! love the review!!! keep up the goodies!!!... ttyl...

danny75 said...
This is good article. The article was short though but it got to the point and is well written. Good job!

SpecialK said...
on Dec. 6 2008 at 3:52 am
I completely agree with you! Though short, your review was informative and extremely well-written! Excellent job!