Jack Johnson – “Sleep Through the Static” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Last February, the beloved Hawaii-born Jack Johnson released his fourth brilliant ­album. The artist has come a long way since his first CD, “Brushfire Fairytales” (2001), and has showed the world his maturity in his latest album, “Sleep Through the Static.”

Keeping his peaceful, relaxing rhythms and tones, he is the same old Jack we know and love. However, in this album, he has strayed from goofy lyrics, like those in ­“Banana Pancakes,” and ­matured, taking a deeper outlook on life and love.

This album’s first single, “If I Had Eyes,” has not only a catchy beat but also relatable lyrics about a failed relationship. From there, Johnson demonstrates his ability to jump from upbeat tempos to soft ballads.

As the album progresses, the soothing tones remain and the listener experiences relaxing, beach-friendly beats. The CD also features two touching songs: “Angel,” for his wife, and “Go On,” about watching his children grow up. Other tracks featuring Johnson’s opinions on love and the struggles of life inspire us to sing along and agree.

By making a few changes and creating a certain uniqueness, Johnson has set a chill tone for people everywhere to enjoy.

JaidenShia08 said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:59 am:
I love Jack Johnson. i have all his cds. i love Mudfootball

Jack_Johnson_Girl said...
Hi, the way you wrote the article is vary good.Most of the facts you wrote about Jack are correct, but the fact you wrote about the album Brushfire Fairy tales, banana pancakes, you are wrong. If you listen to the lyrics they are truly not goofy at all. They are about just wanting to spend time with no worries with his wife. He has always taken a deep out look on love, and our civilization such as in "the horizon has been defeated" ,which was before sleep through the static, he sings a... (more »)