“B’Day” | Teen Ink

“B’Day” MAG

By Anonymous

     The wait is over. After a successful debut solo album (“Dangerously in Love”), Beyoncé is back and better than ever with “B’Day.” After filming “Dreamgirls,” Beyoncé wanted to get back to the recording studio. Her birthday was approaching so she thought it would be fun to release the album on her big day.

In the heat of the summer, “B’Day’s” first hit, “Deja vu,” was released. It features world-famous rapper Jay-Z but what’s really crowding the dance floor is “Ring the Alarm,” a more aggressive song about your ex’s new girl reaping all you’ve ever worked for.

In contrast to Beyoncé’s first album, devoted to songs of first love, “B’Day” is about empowerment and celebration of yourself. The biggest difference is her fresh new beats, like the Southern-meets-R&B “Suga Mama.” Then there’s the sorrowful ballad “Resentment” and bonus track “Check On It” featuring Bun B and Slim Thug, as well as one of her songs from “Dreamgirls.” Beyoncé teamed up with her sister, Solange Knowles, and rap artist Pharrell Williams to co-write songs for the album.

Beyoncé never ceases to amaze with her original beats and hot songs. Just as Jay-Z says in “Deja vu”: “The B’s about to sting ... stand back!”