The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 by Justin Timberlake | Teen Ink

The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 by Justin Timberlake MAG

November 3, 2013
By ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 is a long awaited album by fans of “The President of Pop” who have been itching for more since the release of the first part six months ago. Justin Timberlake pairs up once again with hit-maker Timbaland as his resident producer on the second half of his comeback album. Critics are split with this record unlike the first part that scored raves all across the board and as a diehard fan from the times of Bye Bye Bye, this album didn't meet my expectations.

Without a doubt, this album will be one of the biggest albums of the year but having the release so close to the first, I expected it to be more like its magnetic predecessor. Even so, the record comes like a fresh breeze in the midst of hot, sweaty twerk-music. It'll be blasting in cars for a long time because no matter how many times you hear the album, you will always hear something new in the songs. Timbaland takes an untouched approach with the beats and electronic sounds but strays Timberlake from his usual sound. It makes for good music nevertheless. If just Timberlake tightened the reigns more, he'd sweep more Grammy's than Adele can dream of.
“Amnesia” and “Murder” amongst others are Grammy worthy songs in their own element-in production and vocal performance aspects- but the album could have done without tracks such as “Only When I Walk Away” and “True Blood” that should have been replaced with the Target Exclusive bonus tracks “Blindness” and “Electric Lady.” Special mention must be made to “Drink You Away,” the track that brings out the Tennessee in Mr. Sexy Back.


For $10.99 on iTunes, the album is worth the wait and the money. Its singular personality in comparison to much of today's mind numbing pop keeps you entertained and enthralled from minute one, everything that is Justin Timberlake. The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 does not live up to part one but will satisfy fans who want more Timberlake.