Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to die! by Panic! at the Disco | Teen Ink

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to die! by Panic! at the Disco

By alanamaisel BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
alanamaisel BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Whether you’re taking a run or laying your head to sleep, Panic! at the Disco’s newly September 30th streamed album Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to die! has something for the moments where we are craving a bite of pure sound and catchy rhythms. Panic! at the Disco, despite its band-sounding name, is a solo act, by the multi-talented Brendon Urie, who in this album, has once again made his listeners witness to brilliance.

Panic! at the Disco’s pop punk style has led in many different directions throughout their everlasting success in the industry. Some of their albums are known for their harder rock sound, and some more melodic. Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to die’s sound is definitely an example of change in tone and dynamics. The album takes a turn towards upbeat pop, with steady beats to bop your head to and catchy hooks to sing in the shower.

Two singles released prior to the streaming were “This is Gospel” and “Miss Jackson.” Both had gave many fans high expectations for the album, all of which were fulfilled. A song that definitely delivered poetic lyrics, something Brendon is known for, was “This is Gospel.” The song held lyrics such as “This is gospel for the vagabonds, never-do-wells and insufferable bastards, confessing their apostasies led away by imperfect impostors.”

Songs that really led far on the pop side of the sound on this record was “Casual Affair” and “Vegas Lights.” Both of which had more artificial of sounds, but the harmonizer and synth add to the feel of the album as a whole.

Another obvious theme amongst songs like “Collar Full” and “Girls/Girls/Boys” was an 80’s style influence. “Collar Full” especially had a beat that sounded straight from a montage in The Breakfast Club, while still staying true to the lead singer, Brenden Urie’s signature smooth like butter voice. The memorable uniqueness of Panic! rings through the entire album.

A song that really stood out as the different in comparison to the rest was “The End Of All Things,” an appropriate name for the last track on the record. This song can best be described as a soft lullaby. It is satisfying to hear how Brendon Urie’s voice can be so versatile. He was succesful in hitting high notes on point while simultaneously staying euphonic. He delivered the lyrics passionately like you can imagine he’s rocking and singing you to sleep. An interesting fact about this song is that the lyrics were his private vows to his wife after their wedding.

On “Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to die!” Brendon’s abilities as an artist are apparent, painting the picture with his mellifluous voice of a yet another prospected successful album. The album went on sale on October 8th, a highly anticipated date. This album is conjures feelings ranging from a sanguine energy to solemn and relaxing. The mix of the songs is a delicious treat for Panic! at the Disco fans, as well as new listeners, to indulge.

demiurgeslaugh BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
cool article

clownfish BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
love the review! like the last sentence lol! i love p!atd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maudthefob said...
maudthefob, Hinsdale, Illinois

" Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."
Alfred, Batman Begins

I agree! Too weird to live to rare to die has a different sound than their previous albums, but I still love the music. Panic! at the Disco is one of my favorite bands.