The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake | Teen Ink

The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake

By thatgirlnwando BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland
thatgirlnwando BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." -Muhammad Ali

For years, singer, actor, and performer Justin Timberlake has been asked one question repeatedly: "When is that new album coming out?"

From his days in the popular boy band ‘NSync that rocked the nation, to his days as a familiar face on Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake has kept millions around the world on their toes, wondering when he’d come back to the world of music.

It was a long wait, but it has proved to be worth it.

For seven years, it seemed that Timberlake had abandoned the music industry and traded his microphone and lyrics for a script and a teleprompter. From an unaccredited role in On the Line in 2001, to a Oscar award-winning role in The Social Network, he has shown great acting talents. However, it’s obvious that he is a dynamic entertainer on stage. At only 32 years old, he has seen his musical talents bring him acclaim. He has had his album Justified go triple platinum, been awarded six Grammy awards for his albums Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds, and eight Emmy awards.

With the help of the same producers from his previous two albums, Timbaland and Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon, he once again has revolutionized the genre of R&B/soul music. He drew inspiration from older music and mixed it with futuristic, electronic samples, which is evident in songs like "Strawberry Bubblegum" and "Spaceship Coupe."
In fact, the 20/20 Experience is still number one on the Billboard 200 chart, for the second straight week, after debuting at number one. Also, it had sold 968,000 copies as of March 26, 2013, outdoing the combined success of his two previous solo efforts.

In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, he explained the inspiration and meaning for the title of the album by saying, "It more or less came out as I was playing some of the stuff for my friends, and they would come in and out of the studio and I’d say, ‘What do you think of this?’ and my best friend said, ‘This is music that you can see,’ and for some reason that stuck with me."
The 20/20 Experience is just that. Not just an album, but a complete musical experience filled with emotions and stories. It’s safe to say that JT is back, and he’s here to stay.

Just a quick article written by a big fan of Justin Timberlake that became inspired and started rambling about good music.