Wolfmother – “Wolfmother” | Teen Ink

Wolfmother – “Wolfmother” MAG

By Anonymous

The Australian band Wolfmother is making a big splash in the world of music. This band, with all its rocking new songs, has got Australians and the rest of the music world talking.

This three-piece group rocks like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath but still manages to create its own sound. Wolfmother became popular in 2004, releasing their first album in 2006.

This album has 13 songs, and every one of them is a ride for the listener’s ears. The old-school vocals will remind you of Robert Plant. The guitar plays a central role with driving chords and rocking solos. Wolfmother is primarily a hard-core rock band that will delight the ears of metal heads, classic rockers, and alternative rock listeners. The album has a great selection of songs that vary in intensity and tempo, some hard rocking pieces and some easy-listening. This is a great start for the band.

The lyrics will take listeners to places like the carnival, outer space, or maybe a quiet room. The variety of subjects in their lyrics adds to the overall feel of the album. One of my favorites is “Dimension,” a great song with a loud, driving rhythm ­reinforced by the drums and guitar.

My all-time favorite is “Joker and the Thief,” which they begin creatively with a guitar solo – a somewhat unusual start, but it’s just one of the ways that Wolfmother is creating a unique sound and style. These songs will transport the listener with creative and poetic lyrics, shredding guitar riffs, driving beat, and fast-paced melodies.

In my opinion, this is a great band for hard and classic rock lovers alike who may be looking for a new sound. This three-man group with guitar, keyboard, vocals, and drums will not disappoint. I love their retro up-tempo sound with a classic rock flavor. They have the ­potential to be the modern-day version of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, or Black Sabbath.