Believe Acoustic by Justin Bieber | Teen Ink

Believe Acoustic by Justin Bieber

By Laura Conway BRONZE, Strafford, Pennsylvania
Laura Conway BRONZE, Strafford, Pennsylvania

Have you heard Justin Bieber’s new album, Believe Acoustic? No? Well let me tell you about it. This new pop album is amazing, but the original, Believe, is just a little bit better.

In 2008, Scooter Braun found little Justin Bieber singing his heart out in a YouTube video. Braun searched day and night to find this little Canadian boy. Braun got a hold of Justin’s mom’s phone number and they made a plan to fly from Canada to Georgia. Justin was signed almost instantly. As a child, Bieber’s dad walked out on Justin and his mom. He grew up with his single mom and grandparents. With their help, Justin recorded seven albums: My World, My World 2.0, My Worlds Acoustic, Never Say Never the Remixes, Under the Mistletoe, Believe, and Believe Acoustic. Believe Acoustic is Bieber’s second acoustic album and it is his second best album, behind My World 2.0, in my opinion.

The overall theme of Believe Acoustic is growing into an adult and falling in love. The lyrics show how much Justin cares about the people he love, “For you I would walk a thousand miles to be in your arms, holding my heart.”

The songs that stand out the most are ‘Nothing Like Us’ and ‘Yellow Raincoat’ because all of the other songs are mostly upbeat, but these two are slow and meaningful. The only track that sags is ‘Be Alright’ because it gets kind of boring. This album is equally as good as others in this genre, if not better.

I give Believe Acoustic a rating of 9 out of 10 because it’s such a good album, but one or two songs sag a little bit.