O.N.I.F.C by Wiz Khalifa | Teen Ink

O.N.I.F.C by Wiz Khalifa

By swerve BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
swerve BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

O.N.I.F.C
A one hit wonder Wiz Khalifa’s new album ‘’O.N.I.F.C’’ is. O.N.I.F.C. debuted at number 2 on the US Billboard 200. The album sold 148,000 copies in its first week. In its second week the album sold 40,000 more copies dropping to number 25. Since January 3, 2013, it has sold 252,000 copies.
But not all the songs on this new album are brand new. The album's lead single, "Work Hard, Play Hard", was released on April 23, 2012 which was produced by Benny Blanco and the production team Stargate. Even though the lead single was made on April 23 the video for it didn’t come out until May 23. This song has sold 804,000 digital copies and getting the song a 17 on billboard charts. Another song that you will remember is "The Bluff" featuring rapper Cam'ron. Just like ‘’Work Hard, Play Hard’’, this song was also released on November 27, 2012. Which is a couple months away from when O.N.I.F.C was released. The music video was made in Harlem, New York. The song is rumored to be the future third single.
The album O.N.I.F.C. received mixed reviews from music critics. Metacritic, which assigns ratings out of 100 to reviews from music critics, the album received an average score of 57, based on 18 reviews. So even though not many people reviewed the album, it still got a bad score. I honestly would give it an 89, because all the songs in the album go with it. But in a positive review, Kyle Anderson of Entertainment Weekly wrote that Khalifa's "bleary-eyed charisma elevates both radio bait" and "trippy shape-shifters". Alex Macpherson of The Guardian said that the album's "finest turns come from guests" and called Khalifa "a serviceable but limited type, mostly concerned with getting stoned, capable of adequately riding a catchy hook ... or interesting beat". I honestly have to agree with that, most of the good rapping comes from other featured artists. While Khalifa does have his great parts, he also has his lows throughout the album.
But overall just like David Amidon of PopMatters said "as pop rap albums go, O.N.I.F.C. is beyond solid, full of immaculate production and airtight if simplistic rhymes about money, girls and weed’’. You can’t argue with that because the whole album is entirely about money, girls and weed. The album is solid in my opinion its completely mainstream and features great artists.