Kiss Debut by Carly Rae Jepsen | Teen Ink

Kiss Debut by Carly Rae Jepsen

By halynas BRONZE, Brroklyn, New York
halynas BRONZE, Brroklyn, New York

We all know Justin Bieber as the rising star of Canada in 2009 with flirtatious hits and tunes that got everyone singing along. But 2012 gave yet another Canadian sweetheart the oppurtunity to be the talk of the talk and have hourly repeats of their hit song that gets everyone pumped and ready to dance!
Carly Rae Jepsen hit the charts and appeared in popular events all summer. If you haven't heard "Call Me Maybe" or "Good Time" featuring Owl City, I guarentee you have been living under a rock. On September 14, 2012, the album Kiss debuted including these two tracks and many others.

Songs in the album that were joyful and quick were "Call Me Maybe" and "Good Time". They had a good beat and fun lyrics that you can't resist singing. They are songs that will always make your day more bright and joyful. "Call Me Maybe" was an international success, reaching number one in countries all over the globe. The music video was honored with three nominations at the 2012 MuchMusic Awards. "Good Time" got quite a bit of attention as well. In the US, it was number 32 on the US Pop Songs chart and number 18 on the Billboard Hot 100.

"This Kiss," "Tonight I'm Getting Over You," and "Hurt So Good," on the other hand, were more meaningful and deep on the other hand. Surprisingly, though most songs with heartache themes get you depressed and you are tempted to change the song, Jepsen's singles have a beat that relaxes you and gets you going even if you're a little down.

Justin Bieber even appeared as guest vocals on the CD. He was in the song "Beautiful" in which he contributed as one of writers as well. There were many producers working on this album such as Matthew Koma, Toby Gad, Ryan Stewart, and even Redfoo from LMFAO.

Heather Phases of Allmusic was very positive and impressed with this extravaganza from Carly Rae Jepsen. She gave this CD a four out of five stars. "After a string of fantastical glamazon pop stars like Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Nicki Minaj, there's something to be said for Jepsen's girl- next- door persona, which helps make Kiss one of the 2012's best, and sweetest, pop albums."

Carly Rae Jepsen's songs were inspired by Robyn, The Cars, Madonna, and James Taylor. If you love those artists, Kiss just might be the perfect CD for you. You can listen to Jepsen's pieces anywhere: in the kitchen while making mashed potatoes, getting ready for school, while watching your brother's baseball game, or waiting in your sister's dance studio. The album "Kiss" by Carly Rae Jepsen has very awesome hits and perfect vibes to jam to anywhere at any time. Kick back and wait for your bubbly dance moves to kick in!

I really love Jepsen's music and I hope everyone who is going to start listening to her is going to enjoy the album just as much as I did.