Paramore

For a band mostly consisting of young teenagers, this new Paramore CD blew me away. The new CD entitled Riot is an understatement. The first time I listened to all the songs once through, I really liked the diversity of the music. There are fast, chaotic songs, and also slow and melodic. A few of the songs, such as “Misery Business,” “Hallelujah,” and “For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic” made me want to jump out of my seat and dance. Then others, like “When It Rains” and “We Are Broken” were soft and peaceful, yet with a sad tinge that made me really feel the music.

After the initial tunes and beats of the songs, I noticed the lyrics. All of the songs on this CD are meaningful, probably coming from past experiences. In the song “For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic,” Hayley sings: “I never wanted to say this, you never wanted to stay, I put my faith in you, so much faith, and then you just threw it away.” When I heard those lyrics for the first time, I made a connection between the words and any time that I have ever felt betrayed or let down, and I felt a personal connection to the music.

This pop/rock CD is full of amazing vocals and music, meaningful lyrics, and catchy beats. Paramore's first CD was good, but this one is better. The album is full of different feelings and situations that will make the listener really connect to how the band wants him to feel. By far, this is my favorite CD and I hope that Paramore continues to make such amazing music.

readlikecrazy10 said...
great review on a great band! :) :) :) :)

buggaboo said...
Oct. 11, 2009 at 9:37 am
3 words.i love paramore