Dirty Work by All Time Low | Teen Ink

Dirty Work by All Time Low

October 2, 2011
By roxylauren-charlotte BRONZE, Warrington, Pennsylvania
roxylauren-charlotte BRONZE, Warrington, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Loving every minute of All Time Low’s former albums, their fourth album, Dirty Work, was something I looked forward to for months. I even preordered it so it would be on my doorstep on the release date. And it was well worth the wait. This album took the four members in an entirely new direction.
It’s hard to accept a change in sound when you like a band for their particular sound. So why fix something that isn’t broken?
It’s because they’re geniuses. It doesn’t matter what beat the music is to, or how popular they become, everyone who loves All Time Low will still be able to appreciate their extreme sarcasm, and those intense melodies with lyrics that steal your heart and never return it.
Alex Gaskarth, the lead singer, released a pre-mature copy of the song ‘Time Bomb’ months before the band even found out when their album would hit shelves. It wasn’t meant to be the first single; it was meant to be a bridge between Dirty Work and their previous albums. In my opinion, mission accomplished.
The second tasting fans got of Dirty Work was with the release of ‘I Feel Like Dancin’’. The song turned people off because of its similar sound to other popular bands, but those who didn’t appreciate the new sound took it too seriously. The song is purely meant as a joke. And if the fans were discouraged because of the mainstream beat, they obviously didn’t get the joke.
The best part about All Time Low is that they take their music seriously; they just don’t take themselves seriously.
Dirty Work takes on a thoughtful tone with songs likes ‘Guts’ and ‘Heroes’. The band puts their heart and soul into their music, and it comes through with every note.
If you’re looking for pumped up jams with a mix of soulful melodies, Dirty Work is a masterpiece you should check out.


The author's comments:
I love this band and their music just makes me smile.