Mariah Carey - Touch My Body

"Touch My Body" is Mariah Carey's lead single from her new album, E=MC², one of the year's most anticipated records, which is due to be released on April 15, 2008. Upbeat and catchy, this song features layers of Mariah's voice cooing about--what else--someone touching her body. I won't go into details here, but don't encourage young children to listen to this song.

Lyrically, the song is a piece of sweet nothing. You'd think that Mariah, who is thirty-eight, would have some better ideas to write her songs around. But the tune is so catchy that you can't help but like the song. It's just one of those tunes that you get stuck in your head all the time. "Touch My Body" has already made it to number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and has potential in getting Mariah her eighteenth number one single. If it does make it to number one, Mariah will have topped Elvis's seventeen number one singles. Mariah made a wise move picking this as her lead single for E=MC²--we've got a taste of what she has to offer with her eleventh studio album and now we're hungry for more.