One Direction by One Direction

One Direction (Music Article)

When you say the name “One Direction”, most people don’t know who you are talking about. You will usually hear comments and questions like “who are they? “ , “Where are they from?”, “What made them big?”, “What type of music do they sing?” Well, they are a British boy band. And some members are from the United Kingdom, and others are from Ireland. They got 3rd place on The UK’s hit show “The X Factor”. They were on the 2010 season of the show. They were the runner up to Rebecca Ferguson, and Matt Cardle.

One Direction is to thank UK’s hit television show “The X Factor” for their fame. Thier fan-base is mainly teenage girls from the ages 12- 20, that is because all of them are under the age of 20 themselves. The X Factor was created by former “American Idol” judge Simon Cowell. One Direction is made up of 5 teenage boys. Their names are Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan. Harry Is 17 years old, and he was born in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, North West England. Louis Tomlinson is 19 years old, and he was born in Doncaster, England. Liam Payne is 17 years old, and he was born in Wolverhampton, West Midland, England. Zayn Malik 18 years old, and he is from East Bowling, Bradford, England. And Niall Horan is 17 years old, and he is from Mullingar, Ireland. They all audition separately then got placed together by the judges at the judge’s house week. Simon believed from the beginning that they would make it to the finals. Simon also stated that they were more matured then some of the other adult contestants on the show.

One Direction’s members are all extremely and equally talented. They all have their own interesting voices, and they mix perfectly. Simon said that they have incredible talent. And if you watch their videos on YouTube of their performances on The X factor, and current videos of them on the X Factor tour, then you will see that they all sound good. One Direction adds a new flair to some classic songs. They have sung many songs and they are as follow. “ Torn “ By Ednaswap, “ Viva La Vida” By Coldplay, “ My Life Would Suck Without You” By Kelly Clarkson, “Nobody Knows” By Pink, “ Total Eclipse Of The Heart” By Bonnie Tyler, “ Kids In America” By Kim Wilde, “ Something About The Way You Look Tonight” By Elton John, “ All You Need Is Love “ By The Beatles, “ Summer Of ‘69” By Bryan Adams, “ You Are So Beautiful” By Joe Crocker, “ Only Girl ( In The World)” By Rihanna, “ Chasing Cars” By Snow Patrol, and “Your Song” By Elton John. Those were the songs that they performed on “The X Factor”. They have one single out right now; it’s a remake of the hit song “Forever Young”. I think it has a new twist to it and they make it their own. On “The X Factor Tour” they have sung those songs and some others like “Grenade” By Bruno Mars and “Baby” by Justin Bieber. So, you will never get bored with One Direction because there always changing things up.

One Direction’s members all care about their fans. That’s because they know without their fans that they wouldn’t have made it as far as they did in X Factor or their career thus far. They do some small performances for fans, besides performing on the X Factor Tour. They also do book signings for their book called “Forever Young”. Each member of One Direction has a twitter, where they update their fans on appearances and book signings. They also tweet their fans back, Re-tweet, and Direct Message them also. They also have a group fan page on Facebook.

So, if you are looking for up-to-date, upbeat music, look no further, because One Direction is your band. They have a very unique way of making their voices blend together. And they sound good doing it. So I do recommend that you give One Direction a try. You won’t be disappointed.

Reshii said...
I admire the way you put Ednaswap instead of Natalie Imbruglia because not many people know that it's actually a cover. I wonder if the bboys know it, I guess not (:

Haily_Horan said...
i love them so much!!!

ashley112027 said...
I LOVE NIALL HORAN AND HARRY STYLES!!!!

Claire S. said...
I LOVE 1D!!!! Their music is great!

iBeliebSomeday143 said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:36 am
I love this band! Great music and so cute!