This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In) by Chevelle | Teen Ink

This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In) by Chevelle

January 27, 2011
By Emocookie SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Emocookie SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
...O.o? Hehe I dun has one! >XD


We all love popping headphones into our ears and listening to all of the new songs we just downloaded. Sometimes what we hear doesn’t exactly stick to our “like” section, but Chevelle’s follow-up CD to “Wonder What’s Next” will pull you in with the song you first play. “This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In)” starts off with a hard-core rhythm including drums and bass. The lead singer jumps in screaming a single word, “Touch!” The starting song, “The Clincher,” is like waves on the shore of a beach; it’s powerful, exciting, and calming at the same time. All of Chevelle’s songs are similar to “The Clincher” with a rhythmic tempo and the perfect blend of serenity. What completes this album is the catchiness in the lyrics.

“This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In)” is definitely not a happy, upbeat techno album, nor is it like Paramore. Chevelle is its own composition of Alternative and Metal. The band is very unique with their vocal harmonization and solid beats. Those interested in their album cannot help but dance to every song and will find themselves singing along. Even when songs don’t follow the programmed line-up set by the producers, the playlist still blends together with ease. I would definitely suggest Chevelle to hard-core Alternative/Metal listeners or someone looking for a new music genre.