Into the Rush: Deluxe Edition by Aly and AJ | Teen Ink

Into the Rush: Deluxe Edition by Aly and AJ

December 2, 2010
By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’


Aly and AJ, two sisters from California, known for their roles in Phil of the Future (Aly), Oliver Beene and General Hospital (AJ), released their debut album in 2005, with Hollywood Records, after years of trying to get signed. Now these “twins”, just months after releasing their debut, Into the Rush, have released a deluxe edition CD/DVD.

Featuring ten of the original songs (and two covers) from Into the Rush, plus new versions of “Collapsed” and “Something More” and three brand new songs, Into the Rush: Deluxe Edition is as well put-together and professional as the original release.

“Never Far Behind” features the same feel as the rest of the album, while the bouncy “Shine” has a more acoustic, soul feel and “Chemicals React” gives fans a taste of what’s to come with this band. The DVD features music videos for “Chemicals React” and “Rush”, plus the Simlish version of “Chemicals React” which was featured on The Sims 2 video game. The bonus lyrical booklet also doubles as a large poster featuring the sisters in front of a mirror with their signatures written on the glass in lipstick.

While neither the CD nor the DVD are all that jam-packed with special features, Into the Rush: Deluxe Edition is a must-have for any Aly and AJ fan.

*Aly and AJ are big fans of the Sims video games and can speak Simlish. They performed the Simlish version of “Chemicals React” without any computer help.

*Goof: In the lyrical booklet for Into the Rush standard edition and Christian special release, the note for “Speak for Myself” is “Children should be seen and heard.” The word “not” appears before “heard” with a red line crossing it out. In the lyrical booklet for Into the Rush: Deluxe Edition, the note for “Speak for Myself” is “Children should be seen and not heard” with no line crossing out “not” which then contradicts the theme of the song.