Forever Hanson: The Band, The Myth, The Legend by Hanson | Teen Ink

Forever Hanson: The Band, The Myth, The Legend by Hanson

By z3CarGaragez SILVER, Altamont, New York
z3CarGaragez SILVER, Altamont, New York

Everything changes.-Taylor Hanson

Hanson. One word, two syllables, three brothers. Many people first heard of them in 1997 when they first broke into the industry with their hit single MMMBOP. They were well known for their long blonde hair, infectious grins, and their boyish charms and good looks, but they became famous for their soaring harmonies, floating melodies, and original music all in good time. Zac (11), Taylor (14), and Isaac (16) stole the hearts of teenage girls all over America and they won over quite a few families as well with their clean cut looks, mannerisms, and songs.
Years later they are still going strong and they still hold many girls hearts, but those girls aren't so young anymore. A large portion of Hanson fans are now in college and the younger fans mostly come from having older siblings.
I discovered Hanson in 5th grade in 2005 from a friend of mine and I fell in love with them then and am still in love with them now 6 years later. There is just something about them that draws you in and makes you love them. They play all their own instruments, sing, and write music and it's all incredibly beautiful. To hear their lyrics, their melodies, their stories, it's breath taking and wonderous to hear all that they have discovered in life. Hanson always has and always will be my favorite band no matter what age they are or where their music takes them because I know where it takes me...to a whole new place where the only thing that matters is the song, the story, and how it relates to you. I can't believe that many of the young people today have not heard of them, it's a shame as they are truly talented as individuals, as brothers, as a group, as a band, as HANSON.

I first heard about Hanson in 5th grade from my friend Annie and I have been hooked ever since. A lot of people my age don't know of Hanson because they are a little before our time or they hate/dislike them because when they were younger they had long blonde hair and could sing higher. To me all that matters is the music and that's all that should matter to them too but people are shallow and judge on little things such as that and then they miss out on the magic that is the music. I'm really hoping more people will go out and look them up because they are truly sensational and talented and everyone should knows about them.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 9:12 am
CourtneyLove BRONZE, Belleville, Michigan

Baby You Can Brusie Me But You'll Never Break Me <3

Zac Was Always My Fav & When I Was Younger I Said I Was Going To Marry Him :) Still Till This Day I Love Listening To Hanson & Im About To Graduate Highschool.

Soup BRONZE said...
Soup BRONZE,

[center][i]Now tell me what's wrong, you see everyone's gone, you've got to do your best to decorate this dying day..
This dying day.. [/i][/center]

Nice to see another person review Hanson! Your wording and sentence structures are varied, you have a great hook ("one word, two syllables, three brothers"), and I agree with you that Hanson has made some incredibly great music. They will always have a place in my heart. The only constructive criticism I have for you is that your article is written more like a subjective personal essay and not so much like an objective music review. Keep writing!

Soup BRONZE said...
Soup BRONZE,

This dying day.. [/i][/center]