Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" | Teen Ink

Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" MAG

By Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas

Miley who? Since the release of Selena Gomez's first CD, “Kiss & Tell,” the hearts of many fans have transferred from the kid-candy pop of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus to the sweet sound of Gomez's soothing voice. The Disney actress tries to reach out to her audience as she reveals her full potential in her new pop-rock songs. Can the native Texan prove to the world that she can do more than act and put on a pretty face? Will her audience accept the sudden change in Gomez's career? We'll see.

Known more as an actress on the hit show, “Wizards of ­Waverly Place,” Gomez's singing talent was hidden ­behind hilarious facial expressions and comedic lines. When I first heard the familiar sound of her voice flow with the catchy tune of “Cruella De Vil” from Disney's “101 Dalmatians,” I leaped in excitement. She blew me away with her optimistic voice, and amazing control. Selena Gomez will dominate the charts with her bubbly personality, rock-hard beats, and soul-touching lyrics.

As a new singer, Gomez brought her best to her debut album with heartfelt songs like “The Way I Loved You” and fast, dance beats of “More” and “Naturally.” The beats control the listener's mind, giving anyone the urge to get up and dance. The lyrics scream fun and excitement and the catchy melody makes the song difficult not to sing constantly the next day.

I highly recommend buying this talented Disney star's first CD. I have no doubt that Selena Gomez will find her way to the top of the charts and leave a permanent impression.

on Oct. 21 2013 at 11:33 am
Lauren_Young14 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

"I would not only like to thank God, but also Jesus" - Justin Drew Bieber

I hate Selena, her voice isn't even real! It is all auto tune grossness. She doesn't deserve any of the fame she has. 

pianokeysevie SILVER, Clinton, Maryland

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Honestly, her voice sounds better when she's NOT singing before a live audience... Is it altered or something??

hihihihihhihi, Mililani, Hawaii
      I really liked the review, but I can't stand Selena Gomez's voice. She's a good actor, and I think she should stick to acting.

MiniA GOLD said...
MiniA GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"Who in the world am I?" -Adventures of Alice in Wonderland

Well written..just..why Selena?

beebug SILVER said...
beebug SILVER, Rayne, Louisiana

The choices you make dictate the person you become.

You are sooo rite!!!!!

beebug SILVER said...
beebug SILVER, Rayne, Louisiana

I feel the same exact way about the poeple fixing other peoples vioces to fit in with whats in the now. If you can sing, great. But if you cant please dont waste my time.

Rogersright BRONZE, Thomasville, North Carolina

"Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned"

lol you stole the words right outta my mouth .

Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

So well written that it almost makes me believe she's a good singer, but she isn't....

Smiler4Life GOLD, Richmond, Texas

Live.Laugh.Smile.&Love

I loved the writing in this article! But, I'm not really a big fan of Selena at all. I'm a Miley fan forever. Personally I think, Selena's songs don't fit her voice. She isn't really good at singing (live, that is) But, now a days with all of the auto tone junk, it makes celebrities seem better. I do respect her but, I honestly am not a fan.

JuneTaz said...
Thanks for posting this! I too believe that people should be excited to explore Selena's new talent as a pop star. I think that you did a nice job explaining your feelings, but maybe it'd be especially helpful if you told more about her past and how she's come to the music industry.

on Nov. 10 2011 at 11:09 am
TheOneHeLoves SILVER, Keeseville, New York

"Don't let anyone do you...because only you can do you"

i love SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!! she is amazing i love her music and everything else:) and great review.

BABY! said...
Selena is a great singer. Although I do not like one of her new songs. But who cares. She needs to keep singing!

AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
No. Both are fake. There was a time when 'hannah' used to be real but now it's all about the money for Miley. Her father said that destiny isn't his Miley anymore. It's not always about the singing my friend. And Selena started as a cute Disney actorbut now all of a sudden BAM! she's a totally different person. Btw I loved her album an year with out rain. But she's still fake.

on Sep. 5 2011 at 11:19 am
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

this album wasn't her best, but her new albums are much better and she's gotten MUCH better singing live. i a gree that before, she really couldn't do it (Dancing with the Stars live :S) but now she's much better. she's not a fake, and neither is Miley. Miley's live versions of When I Look at You and The Climb are good enough to bring tears to one's eyes!

on Sep. 5 2011 at 11:16 am
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Selena is definately doing great and i love her music, but i'm not going to give up on miley and demi because they hit a couple of bumps in their career. Miley will forever be at the top of my list with her new movies coming out, and her toned down wardrobe ever since the Teen Choice Award performance (which i thought rocked anyway). I mean, did anyone see her at the MTV Video Awards? completely covered up! i still have my faith in her! Demi is making her way back with such a nice song like Skyscraper. But yes, Selena is really rocking right now and I love her albums! <3

on Sep. 5 2011 at 6:05 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Yes. That was what I wanted to point out too.

on Sep. 5 2011 at 6:03 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Couldn't agree more. Selena's a fake and so was Miley.

-Duckie- GOLD said...
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

Go Selena!!! I think she really does have talent and won't go bad like some singers you see... but I must admit when I first saw the Kiss and Tell album cover I thoguht she was being a vampire and I'm like "OH no, stop the madness" but I was wrong... thankfully...

emilybwrites SILVER, Villa Hills, Kentucky

last night i lay in bed, looking up at the stars and i thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

i agree! miley cyrus is going down the britney spears road and demi lovato went down the wrist-slitting road (which i was really sad about cause i thought she had potential) but i think selena is going places!

KristinHopkins8 SILVER, Aspen, Colorado

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die"

i think selena gomez is a great role model, but i've never listened to her music before. i'll look for her on itunes!