Taylor Swift - "Taylor Swift" | Teen Ink

Taylor Swift - "Taylor Swift" MAG

Over a year ago, Taylor Swift came out with this self-titled debut album. Although new to the country music industry, she has become a favorite of many young fans. This singer/ songwriter’s 11-song CD topped the charts when it first debuted. Since then she has become a hit around the country and her CD has touched many teen girls.

All of the songs on this CD are well-written and catchy. It is also impressive that she writes or cowrites all her songs. Her most popular song, “Tim McGraw,” really elevated her to celebrity status. Some other good tracks are “Picture to Burn,” “Teardrops on My Guitar,” “Stay Beautiful,” and “Our Song.” All her songs are extremely appealing and contain emotions, thoughts, and experiences an average American girl can relate to. Her genuine nature and honesty are apparent in her lyrics, along with her musical talent.

Taylor writes true-to-life songs that enable almost anyone to make a connection with her words. Her beautiful voice is captivating and allows you to feel her emotion. She writes songs that could be the story of any girl’s life.

There are many things that are unique about Taylor Swift. She is an 18-year-old country singer/songwriter, which means she can relate and appeal to young fans across America. She is also special because she is liked and known by many who are not even country fans. This is a major difference since rarely do non-country music fans enjoy a country artist. She obviously has the voice and the music to appeal to all types of music lovers. Taylor Swift brings a new face to the country music industry, encouraging new fans.

Taylor appears to be an incredibly down-to-earth and focused young woman. When listening to her, you actually feel you know her. She is like the girl next door, only a successful country music artist. We need people and CDs like “Taylor Swift” to refresh our souls with music from the heart.

Once you start listening, you will never want to stop.

ilove6736 BRONZE, Baltimore, Other

Love is too short, forgetting is too long. - Taylor Swift

I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT! SHE IS THE BEST PERSON EVER! SHE IS THE BEST SINGER EVER! IF YOU LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT COME SEE MY TAYLOR SWIFT PICTURE!

Cheeseycube said...
on Sep. 21 2012 at 10:45 am
Taylor Swifts first album I believed really showed her talent and expressed what she could do. Over the years even though her voice has grown and so has her personality she still remains to be herself. After 3 albums girls are still able to relate to her songs and I really like how you mentioned that. Many say shes becoming more pop but I believe no one can take out the country twang in Taylors voice.

rebeckabear BRONZE, Escondido, California

live life to the fullest

thank you

live life to the fullest

THANK YOU

on Jan. 16 2012 at 6:23 am
Bullyingiswrong BRONZE, Coffeyville, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Taylor Swift is a good singer and alot of people like her

FallibleAger said...
FallibleAger, SJ, California
I'd have to disagree, Ive listened to this album too and I think it is very cliche. She draws from real emotions which I think is great but she is bringing nothing new to the table. Yes she is beautiful, has a nice voice, but her lyrics are simply cliche with nothing more than talk of love, love lost, and issues that only prove to guys that all girls are overly emotional, clingy, and exaggerative.

carothesparrow GOLD, Lilburn, Georgia

dont give up she will talk someday my friend made this quote she is really cool cause she understands about my sister
it starts with ONE to make a differerence!!! i learned this quote at a leadership camp

ohana means family no one gets left behind

i love this album it has sooooo many songs that discripe how i feel right now

cookiegirl said...
on Sep. 6 2011 at 8:16 am
Taylor Swift is amazing, her songs are personal, and she actually puts herself in her music, and nice review:)

on Dec. 26 2010 at 12:59 am
fairytalesaretrue, Jakarta, Other
i loves taylor swift!!very much..but i think that her voice,especially when she sing on live show,is not spectacular.i loves the songs that she wrote, it just seems so true. She true to her self, that's which i love so much. And she has a good attitude too :D 

J.L.G said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 8:05 am
J.L.G, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
I like Taylor swift to. She is pretty and has a great voice. She's great!

WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Taylor Swift is amazing! Her music has saved me in so many ways. My fav songs off this album would have to be "Picture to Burn" and "Tied Together with a Smile."

Diana101 GOLD said...
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio

"God's delays are not God's denials"

I love Taylor!! I have both of her albums, including this one. My fav song would have to be, "Teardrops on my Guitar", and "Cold as You" :)

pixiestick93 said...
on May. 10 2010 at 10:18 am

I loveee Taylor Swift!(: She is by far my FAVORITE singer!<3

Her work is sooo amazing! My friends and I can relate so well to her songs!<3

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

(: i love taylor swift she rocks!!! :) i love all of her songs!

tiffyneez said...
on May. 31 2009 at 2:02 am
teardrops on my guitar i love my boyfriend jus broke up with me so that song is for him. his name is devin so taylor if i write a song will you sing it about him and i breaking up? yes or no

countrygirl said...
i love this CD!!! i can totally relate to Stay Beautiful, every single part (names included)!!! which makes it super special to me!!! ha ha great article

LadyZaza BRONZE, Ouagadougou, Other
Great article :) And also... I LOVE Taylor Swift :)

on Apr. 13 2009 at 12:34 am
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

oh yes. i love her fearless and taylor swift albums! They inspire me! and i agree completely they are so honest and you can totally relate! Nothin makes me feel bttr like a taylor swift song! The new face of country music...and i still feel like i know her...

horseluva BRONZE, Midlothian, Virginia
i love tim mcgraw.its my favorite song of hers.i know all the words and listen to it everyday on my ipod.

darebear said...
i own this cd and it is so amazing. i love it to death.