Justin Bieber - "My World" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

On November 17, 2009, Justin Bieber, a 15-year-old discovered on YouTube, came out with his first album. Island Records and the pop star Usher helped young Justin put together “My World.” Bieber has quickly won over the hearts of many young girls because of his adorable smile and innocent stage presence. The CD is mostly upbeat, happy songs of love for and admiration of a certain girl in the singer's life.

His most popular song, “One Time,” is by far the best here and will make listeners sing along. It describes how he felt when he met a girl and how she is now his “one love.” Another great song is “Down to Earth,” which displays the artist's strength and talent. Although not specifically about love, it conveys the struggles people face, including divorce, and the importance of compromises. The next track, “Love Me,” is familiar since it is Bieber's cover of the song by The Cardigans. The lyrics have been ­altered to fit the life of a 15-year-old and have a somewhat techno genre feel. I feel like at my age, 17, I can relate to these songs more than some of the others on the CD.

The majority of the songs are easy to become a fan of, but a few are not as catchy or appealing. The lyrics of “Bigger,” about a young player who has grown up to find love, are ­confusing and childish, and Bieber's voice sounds very high-pitched. “First Dance” ­begins with an unknown rapper and then introduces Bieber, who sings about dancing with his date, “tasting her lip gloss,” and having to be home by nine. This song will only appeal to very young kids, even younger than Justin.

Throughout the CD Bieber displays a number of annoying traits, unfortunately: two songs begin with him whispering “Mafia,” and he refers to himself by his nickname, “JB,” in every song.

The cute and talented Bieber has been very successful in both the United States and his home, Canada. I am glad that we now have a young artist who is truly innocent, and has not (yet) been changed by fame and money. I am a fan of the image he portrays. I look forward to more performances, songs, and success by Bieber.

Kailyn44 said...
I dont care what other people think about him, but I do like him. He is adorable and I can relate to some of his songs. U cant judge a person only by their music bc none of us really know him. Even though he may seem bad, he may not actually be that way but its ur opinions.

wanda said...

who does justin think he is he dates like 1000 girls per year,he is cute but i hated him,what does selena gomez see in him?

P.S he is not hot but he is cute(there is a diffrence)

sarah someone said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 9:01 pm:
guesss wat people I HATE JUSTIN BEIBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

far.from.you. replied...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 3:19 pm :
Guess what? ... No one cares. :/

wanda replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm :
well i always hated him from the start!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE U JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicgirl said...
I hate justin Bieber. he suck at singing. but I liked reading this

wanda replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm :
u go girl,because i hate him 2!

TheAnaBeast said...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:55 am:
i love you JB!!!

Alister said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm:
i think every girl can relate to his music & i have to say he is pretty cute

wanda replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm :
well yea he is a tinsy bit cute, but i still hate his guts!

BookOwl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 10:42 am:
Justin Bieber is a good singer, thats true, but his voice is a little high...and, some songs are good, some are bad...in my opinion, his industry is OK. Also, all the girls falling for him is just a little gross. He is cute, but COME ON. Most of the girls dont even know him.

wanda replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm :
exactly they dont even know him,its like saying to a stranger passing by u and telling him u love him

Schnoodlebear said...
I don't think Justin is all that great. I agree with the article when it says he has some annoying traits. (Ex- Referring to himself as JB). I really like this article beacuse it tells it how it is. Good job and keep writing!

kera48 said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:47 am:
who cares if he doesnt write his own music you dont always have to relate to your song that you sing.hes young and very good looking so noone cares what he does!!!♥

wanda replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm :

i bet u bearly know him,he is a lil cute but i hate that boy he thinks he can make everyone like him

HeadstongChica10 said...
I have this cd....Im am 15 which probably doesnt really say much but most of the songs are very entertaining. Down to Earth being my favorite because I can relate to it. I didnt write the song but I still feel that it gives me strength through what I sometimes go through. Just because you dont write the song doesnt mean you cant relate to it. The cd is very good!!!

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Bieber doesn't write any of his songs which means he can't relate to them and his music is so simple it makes me want to puke. Look at ASCAP for proof that he doesnt write his own songs.

ELM522 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:40 am :
Yes, he writes them now. It was stated  in the special on the channel "E!" called "Justin Bieber: My World."

Kitkat19 said...
very informative, it'd be even better if the writing style were more casual, but overall good :)

Jaba:) replied...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 5:28 pm :
yeah i hate Justin bieber im sorry girls he is not cute.