Justin Bieber - "My World" | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber - "My World" MAG

By allieb BRONZE, Youngstown, Ohio
allieb BRONZE, Youngstown, Ohio

On November 17, 2009, Justin Bieber, a 15-year-old discovered on YouTube, came out with his first album. Island Records and the pop star Usher helped young Justin put together “My World.” Bieber has quickly won over the hearts of many young girls because of his adorable smile and innocent stage presence. The CD is mostly upbeat, happy songs of love for and admiration of a certain girl in the singer's life.

His most popular song, “One Time,” is by far the best here and will make listeners sing along. It describes how he felt when he met a girl and how she is now his “one love.” Another great song is “Down to Earth,” which displays the artist's strength and talent. Although not specifically about love, it conveys the struggles people face, including divorce, and the importance of compromises. The next track, “Love Me,” is familiar since it is Bieber's cover of the song by The Cardigans. The lyrics have been ­altered to fit the life of a 15-year-old and have a somewhat techno genre feel. I feel like at my age, 17, I can relate to these songs more than some of the others on the CD.

The majority of the songs are easy to become a fan of, but a few are not as catchy or appealing. The lyrics of “Bigger,” about a young player who has grown up to find love, are ­confusing and childish, and Bieber's voice sounds very high-pitched. “First Dance” ­begins with an unknown rapper and then introduces Bieber, who sings about dancing with his date, “tasting her lip gloss,” and having to be home by nine. This song will only appeal to very young kids, even younger than Justin.

Throughout the CD Bieber displays a number of annoying traits, unfortunately: two songs begin with him whispering “Mafia,” and he refers to himself by his nickname, “JB,” in every song.

The cute and talented Bieber has been very successful in both the United States and his home, Canada. I am glad that we now have a young artist who is truly innocent, and has not (yet) been changed by fame and money. I am a fan of the image he portrays. I look forward to more performances, songs, and success by Bieber.

on Dec. 30 2011 at 11:33 pm
Kailyn44 BRONZE, Kensington, Maryland

Life is like a paintbrush. If you make a mistake,you can't erase it. You have to change your picture.

I dont care what other people think about him, but I do like him. He is adorable and I can relate to some of his songs. U cant judge a person only by their music bc none of us really know him. Even though he may seem bad, he may not actually be that way but its ur opinions.

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:16 pm

who does justin think he is he dates like 1000 girls per year,he is cute but i hated him,what does selena gomez see in him?

P.S he is not hot but he is cute(there is a diffrence)

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:09 pm

i bet u bearly know him,he is a lil cute but i hate that boy he thinks he can make everyone like him

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:07 pm
exactly they dont even know him,its like saying to a stranger passing by u and telling him u love him

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:05 pm
well yea he is a tinsy bit cute, but i still hate his guts!

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:03 pm
u go girl,because i hate him 2!

wanda said...
on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:02 pm
well i always hated him from the start!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE U JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Oct. 26 2011 at 7:03 pm
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Yeah! I agree but his music is kind of catchy and let's face it, at least his music is better than Rebecca Black's songs.( No offence to Rebecca or her fans; I'm not a hater but I am not a fan either.) P.S. I have no idea why my other comment is underlined... :D

Ian_M said...
on Oct. 25 2011 at 8:22 pm
Ian_M, Ventnor, New Jersey

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left"-Winston Churchill
"Do not try to change what you do not understand"-Ian M

I am also not very fond of Justin. Though many people adore him, I don't. Not saying that I'm one of those people who are like "ZOMGZ U MUST DAI!" His music just is not pleasing to me. Too mushy, too techno.

~Signature!~

on Feb. 25 2011 at 3:19 pm
far.from.you. GOLD, Bradenton, Florida

" She completly fell for him, but he didnt even stumble...</3" -unknown.

Guess what? ... No one cares. :/

on Feb. 14 2011 at 9:01 pm
guesss wat people I HATE JUSTIN BEIBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Nov. 29 2010 at 12:36 pm
musicgirl BRONZE, Gaithersburg, Maryland
I hate justin Bieber. he suck at singing. but I liked reading this

on Oct. 1 2010 at 8:55 am
BieberFever20 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

NOW WHO TOLD PEOPLE I LIKED SPINACH?

i love you JB!!!

ELM522 DIAMOND said...
on Jul. 15 2010 at 11:40 am
ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York

"All those other girls, well they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?"-"Hey Stephen" by Taylor Swift

Yes, he writes them now. It was stated  in the special on the channel "E!" called "Justin Bieber: My World."

Alister BRONZE said...
on Jun. 6 2010 at 4:35 pm
Alister BRONZE, North Vernon, Indiana

"get in my belly!"

i think every girl can relate to his music & i have to say he is pretty cute

on Jun. 6 2010 at 10:42 am
LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida

Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown

Justin Bieber is a good singer, thats true, but his voice is a little high...and, some songs are good, some are bad...in my opinion, his industry is OK. Also, all the girls falling for him is just a little gross. He is cute, but COME ON. Most of the girls dont even know him.

on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:23 pm

This is an awsome article and yes he is a good singer.even though schnoodlebar thinks his looks are off-topic(which it is but who cares) I have to agree with kera48 that he is cute but I do care more about his music. Just saying. Especially the song Baby.

on Apr. 20 2010 at 7:18 pm
Schnoodlebear SILVER, Ballwin, Missouri

"Do what you love and love what you do

I' don't see how him being hot has anytihing to do with the article or his music. So please keep the comments topic realted. Thank you.

on Apr. 20 2010 at 7:17 pm
Schnoodlebear SILVER, Ballwin, Missouri

"Do what you love and love what you do

I don't think Justin is all that great. I agree with the article when it says he has some annoying traits. (Ex- Referring to himself as JB). I really like this article beacuse it tells it how it is. Good job and keep writing!

kera48 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 20 2010 at 9:49 am
kera48 BRONZE, Garrittsville, Ohio

go fast turn left

how is he not cute??hes pretty hott...not going to lie.