Adrenaline Rush by Z100's Jingleball 2009 | Teen Ink

Adrenaline Rush by Z100's Jingleball 2009

December 14, 2009
By Amanda Gurock BRONZE, New City, New York
Amanda Gurock BRONZE, New City, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I have always considered myself to be an expert when it came to music. My friends always say that I’m the only one they know who can sing every lyric to every song on the radio. I guess it’s just a talent I have; I have a great memory. Because music is such an important part of my life, I love going to any concert that I can. The Jonas Brothers put on a show that no band’s concert can compare to, but, recently, I experienced a new thrill that I have never felt before.
At Z100’s Jingleball, I was so excited to see Taylor Swift perform that I was shaking every time her name was announced. Taylor is one of my inspirations; I think she secretly writes songs about my life. When Taylor Swift walked out on stage that night, I think my heart stopped. I was so happy that she was singing “You Belong with Me” on the stage in front of me, I almost started to cry. It was such an unbelievable thing to watch someone perform that I look up to so much. Taylor Swift’s music has always fit in times that I felt like a song should be playing in the background, like in the movies.
I fell in love with Adam Lambert the moment I heard his voice on American Idol. Many people don’t like Adam, but he is one of the most interesting people I have ever seen. My mom and I blast Adam’s CD every morning on the forty-five second drive to school, and she was totally jealous that I was able to see him at Jingleball. I don’t care that he is gay; I would marry him. I was told that he was co-hosting the concert, but performance after performance went by and he was not in sight. I was starting to get really upset because I didn’t think I would get to see him, but then I saw his crazy black hair behind the stage. I dug my nails into my friend’s arm and started to scream like a crazy person. He only came out for literally one minute to present Taylor Swift, but that one minute consisted of me screaming so loud that I lost my voice! Just the fact that he was in the same room as me drove me wild.
I think music is important to everyone because it allows people to have role models and inspiration for their lives. For me, personally, music is the way I express myself. I write songs every chance I get, and my parents always call me “Mini Taylor.” Being able to watch music performed live by my favorite artists is the number one way that I get an adrenaline rush.