The Bamboozle Music Festival | Teen Ink

The Bamboozle Music Festival

By Phil Stark BRONZE, Congers, New York
Phil Stark BRONZE, Congers, New York

Try to imagine thousands of people gathered around the one of many stages at Bamboozle, jumping up and down and cheering. May 2nd and 3rd was The Bamboozle Music Festival held at East Rutherford, New Jersey in the Giants Stadium Parking lot. It’s a two day event held every year, rain or shine, featuring over one hundred forty different bands performing on 9 different stages throughout the day and night. The festival was sponsored by Wonka™, which gave out free candy throughout the festival.

Amongst the one hundred forty bands that were playing, the headline bands included Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, 3OH!3, Asher Roth, Rise Against and so many more. Looking out from the stage you could see an ocean of people, screaming, jumping, and going crazy for these bands. Many fans connected with their favorite bands by getting autographs, or even items thrown into the crowd from the stage. People started crying after meeting their idols. In the end, it was a fanatic’s dream.

Like any concert, there were mosh pits everywhere. In order to see well, you needed to snake your way through thousands of people, avoiding fists, bodies, and crowd surfers. Dozens of kids were dancing, jumping up and down, and flying above the crowd. If you fell to the ground you were almost guaranteed to get trampled. Many people wanted to get out, but the mosh pits were just too big. It’s your decision; Is it worth getting close up?

The Bamboozle Festival captures a lifetime experience for people of all ages, from young children to middle aged adults, with the widespread variety of bands. There’s also food, games, rides which includes a ferris wheel, and much more. For $70 a ticket, I think it’s worth every penny.