Hopeless Fountain Kingdom | Teen Ink

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom

By VitaminB BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
VitaminB BRONZE, Yakima, Washington

Halsey or Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, is a 20 year old singer who lives in Los Angeles California, she has released an album called “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom” in 2017, which has some songs that have reached the billboard hot 100 and the album reaching the hot billboard 200. Which includes the album “Badlands” as number one on September 19th 2017. Another album by Halsey is called “Room 93” which reached #159 on the billboard hot 200 on November 15th 2014. Her producers include Benny Blanco, Cashmere Cat, Greg Kurstin, Lido and finally Ricky Reed. One of my personal favorites is called “Without Me” Which in 2018 was #1 on the hot billboard 100 and personally my favorite song by her since her song “Castle” which was in the album “Badlands” which was released in 2015. She has inspired many including me, to follow  your dreams and push for greatness. Halsey’s music is a mix of indie, pop and rock. Halsey stated “I spent the past year and the year before that working really hard to be a better representative of the LGBT community.” Which she has been very open and honest about ever since she rose to fame in 2015. Halsey has also stated “So I tried really hard to find the courage this year to write female pronouns into my music.” In the song “Bad at love” Halsey makes some clear points about how hard it is to love someone of the same gender and have everyone be supportive about it.

One of her lyrics explains how she couldn’t have a relationship with her love interest. “Got a girl with California eyes, but I never got the chance to make her mine.”

In her album “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom” a fan comments on one of her songs called “Heaven In Hiding” is related to the song “Alone”. In her official music video for “Alone” It’s from this certain characters point of view at a party, and from the song “Heaven in Hiding” It’s from a different perspective of a person at the same party. Some may call halsey a song writer but I think she’s really a storyteller on the inside. A really popular song by Halsey is also called “Now or Never” this song is sort of like a Romeo and Juliet story where both sides are enemies but from either side comes one person that loves the other. Halsey’s song “Without Me” has so far been number one on the charts for four weeks in 2019. This single has captured the hearts of many, and the ears of thousands. She also some of the best hair styles I have ever seen. I don’t think I have ever seen anyone pull off blue hair so well. I would definitely recommend anyone and everyone to listen to her.

This review is about Halsey, or Ashley Nicolette and how she rose to fame in a short period of time. I think her music is the kind of music that tells a story.