Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits Music Review | Teen Ink

Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits Music Review

Frank Sinatra’s greatest hits album is a vocal jazz and easy listening genre. The record label is Reprise. The producers for this album are Jimmy Bowen and Sonny Burke. Some people (not all) would say that the album would be part of the ‘50s when it is actually part of the ‘60s. It was recorded in July 17, 1964 - July 24, 1967.

The songs would work great in a school setting. The Vocalists in the album are Frank Sinatra, Betty Allen, Betty Jane Baker, The Blossoms, Ella Halloran, Jack Halloran, Fanita James, Gwen Johnson, Bill Kanady, Jean King, Darlene Love, Loulie Jean Norman, Thurl Ravenscroft, Paul Sandberg, Nancy Sinatra, and Jackie Ward.

Sinatra’s album is pretty good compared to others from this modern day and age. The songs themselves are easy to hear and are very straight forward. I think that Sinatra did a very fine job with this album. I would give this album a 4 out of 5 stars. There are a few things that would make you question it, but it depends on your state of mind. Keep in mind that the songs have a bit of a suggestive tone, but Sinatra wasn't suggesting anything. The twelve songs on this album are “Strangers In The Night,” “Summer Wind,” “It Was A Very Good Year,” “Somewhere In Your Heart,” “Forget Domani,” “Somethin’ Stupid,” “That’s Life,” “Tell Her (You Love Her Each Day),” “The World We Knew (Over and Over),” “When Somebody Loves You,” “This Town,” and “Softly, as I Leave You.” Most of the songs on this album are quite catchy and help for when your in a bad mood. The song “Somethin’ Stupid” made me relate to my life and It makes me picture the people in the places that were spoken about.

I couldn't really find any songs that were bad and I think that the music is appropriate for all ages. The album was a modest hit peaking at #55 on the album charts in late 1968. Other albums by Frank Sinatra are Francis A. & Edward K. and  The Sinatra Family Wish You A Merry Christmas.

I was forced to do this, as how it was a school assaignment. I also like this gere of music.