Review on Beyonce’s “Lemonade” | Teen Ink

Review on Beyonce’s “Lemonade”

By KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

I’ve listened to the album multiple times. But, my first thoughts on the album I loved it and related to it alot. It was some songs that I really didn’t like as much but I would’ve ended liking them anyways. In the back of my mind as I was listening to the last couple of songs. I was like she has really been through alot of things with her husband and she really does love him. A couple days passed by and I figured to take another listen to the album. This time I liked it a bit more than the first time mostly because I knew more background information about it. Songs made more sense with the background information I had at the time. The songs I really didn’t like, with the knowledge they made more sense so I eventually liked them.

The album Lemonade is about Beyonce getting cheated on by her husband Jay-z. Then works things out with him and forgives him. She wants to be known that she really loves him and doesn’t want to go through that again. In the album it’s a mixture of Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Country, Blues, Rock, Gospel, Reggae. In this album Beyonce tried to put it all in one album unlike anyone at the time. She had a hand full of features on this album. People such as Kendrick Lamar, The Weekend, Jack White. One artist that sounds like the album or close to the album. I would say Adele album “25” that has kinda the same content and background information as Lemonade. Another album that's close to Beyonce’s I would say Ariana Grande “Yours Truly” it has the storyline of love and forgiving.  

My overall opinion is it’s good album, All the songs were great, The movie that went the album was awesome, The sales was great, The tour *The Formation Tour* was wonderful. The lemonade album was GREAT all around the board. There’s one song on the album called “Formation” this song is the most talked about song from the whole album. In the music video she showed black live matters, also police brutality. Which turned a lot of heads and caused lots of controversy about the song. When she performed it at Super Bowl 50 some people was upset because she dressed up as the black panthers. The song “Freedom” is one of the bigger songs on the album. On this song she talks about how there’s really not much freedom in America. In the song she says “ Freedom! Freedom! I can't move Freedom, cut me loose, Freedom! Freedom! Where are you? “ Which is her asking where’s her freedom at. The song “All Night” is the most played song according to Forbes. The song is about her forgiving her husband and working things out with him. In the song she writes “Boy nothing real can be threatened, True love breathes salvation back into me”. She’s telling her husband that real love couldn't be hurt.

“Lemonade” compared to “BEYONCE” in my opinion Lemonade is better. “BEYONCE” was a really good album, it sold really good. She had people like Jay-z, Drake, Frank Ocean, Blue Ivy on the album. On this album she had a mixture of R&B, Hip-Hip. The tour *Mrs.Carter Show* was perfect, And she had a video for every single song but for Lemonade she had a movie and put every song in it. “Lemonade” sold 6,500,000 units compared to “BEYONCE” that sold 5,000,000 units according to Wikipedia. The Formation Tour made $256 million also had 2.1 million people in attendance. The Mrs. Carter Show made $229.7 million also had 1.9 million people in attendance. In my personal opinion I think the merch for “BEYONCE” was better she had less more organized items for a reasonable prices. Now for “Lemonade” she has a lot more things for really high prices and her website isn’t as organized as it was before.

In my opinion I feel like Lemonade is beyonce best studio album she has ever created. The unit sales was much better than her previous studio albums. Lemonade had also won 22 awards unlike her others that won about 5-8 awards. According to HotTopics Lemonade was Beyonce’s only album that spoke to her younger and older audience.

Think of Ariana Grande’s album “Yours Truly” that has the same backstory about her having troubles in her relationships but still at the end of the day still love him. Yes, but Beyonce’s lemonade was the same way it just made more sense. She went into details with the problems they we’re having at home. She even told people she threaten to leave him if he don’t get act together. Plus the Yours Truly album wasn't as put together like Lemonade, I also wanna say Lemonade did better unit sales than Yours Truly.

Yes, I would recommend this album to all teenagers, especially the ones that been through a heartbreak. The album would help them get through that heartbreak and speak to them on a different level. Any type person would like the album it has different types of genres in it. Whoever been in a heartbreak if it’s a teenager or a adult it would still be good for that person. This is my review of Beyonce’s “Lemonade” album.  

on Dec. 30 2018 at 11:47 pm
ShaunSilly112, Los Angeles, California
Wow!! This reading is spectacular I think I love Beyoncé even more!!! PLEASE write more stories I love reading them, their really entertaining!!!

on Dec. 30 2018 at 11:36 pm
KittyKat000099, Orlando, Florida
This Is Literally Soo Good...!!!!! I Don’t Know Why It Didn’t Make It To Number One :( He's Talking About Our Queen Guys.... BEYONCÉ