Top Voted Movie Reviews

Here are the top voted movie reviews:

#1
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
"The Truth About Cats and Dogs" As someone who's best friend is totally more attractive than me, I completely related to and fell in love with the 1996 movie "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" and consider it to be one of my favorite movies. The... (more »)
#2
Stardust
"Stardust" If you scramble the letters around in the words "chick flick" you might come up with "Stardust." This 2007 romantic fantasy was deemed by Hollywood critics as a box office disappointment, and however much love I have for Ebert and... (more »)
#3
The Holiday
"The Holiday" A woman who can't cry over a guy she lost and another who cries too much over a guy she never had switch lives for their Christmas holiday in hopes of getting away from their everyday pathetic normalcy. This is the synopsis of... (more »)
#4
Rent
Rent! Ok, So this movie is diffrent then most musicals but has a good message of friendship. This 2005 wickedly wild musical takes place in New York. And the killer disease happens to be aids, yes aids, the group of friends puts on a show,... (more »)
#5
The Darjeeling Limited
The Darjeeling Limited may not be one of writer/director Wes Anderson's best films, but it retains a quirky sense of humanity and endearing character that makes it worth the whole two hours. This film tells the story of Jack, Peter and Francis... (more »)
#6
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Alvin and The Chipmunks We all know those beloved 'munks....what's that you say? Who the heck are the Chipmunks? FOR SHAME!!! How could you know about timid and adorable Theodore or brainiac Simon? How could you not know the legend that is... (more »)
#7
Waitress
Waitress Why is it that some of the best and most original movies are seldom advertised? This is a question I was asking myself as I sat in my living room watching Waitress, a film I had not once heard of beyond spotting the DVD cover in my... (more »)
#8
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street I'm of course referring to the ever-so delightful slasher/musical Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street. A story set in the late 1880s in London, barber Benjamin Barker was living happiliy... (more »)
#9
Supersize Me
America’s Gone Super! Supersized, that is. New Yorker Morgan Spurlock uncovers the truth about what really is in food and how much fat Americans gain in the new documentary, Supersize Me! But is it really all it’s fattened up to be?... (more »)
#10
The Matrix
Even after watching it 9 years after the making, “The Matrix” still reveals the reason for its original popularity and acclaim. At first glance at the original TV advertisements, the movie seems like a movie with excessive slow-mo and corny... (more »)
#11
Second Hand Lions
Secondhand Lions gets 3 out of 4 stars from me. It had its ups and downs, but over all it was a good movie. Mae, a filthy little gold-digger needs a break for the summer from being a mother, so she dumps her son, Walter off at a ranch in Texas... (more »)
#12
The Dark Knight
As of yesterday, I have seen “The Dark Knight” two times. The first time I saw it was on the midnight premiere, and due to my work schedule I spent the movie catatonically tired and therefore couldn’t make much sense of the... (more »)
#13
Mama Mia
When I first saw a preview for Mamma Mia I was a little skeptical about a movie that showcased old ABBA tunes. As I prepared to scoff and make fun, I realized halfway through the preview that I had become interested in the plotline: a young girl... (more »)
#14
Elephant
I want to write something about a 2003 film, called Elephant. You probably never heard of it. That because it was only screened at Cannes, a few other select theaters. It also didn't use any known actors or celebrities (although Diane Keaton... (more »)
#15
21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I watched the entertaining movie “21” last weekend. It is rated PG-13 for violence, sexual content, and nudity. It opens with Ben Campbell (Jim Sturgess) in his senior year at MIT with aspirations to go to Harvard Med. But there is only one... (more »)
7 comments
#16
Indiana Jones and the Review of the Kingdom of...
If you’ve been watching any television or browsing the web, you already know that the hype surrounding Indy’s grand return is overwhelming. As a sizable Indy fan, you can imagine the excitement I’ve had pent up inside. I was... (more »)
4 comments