The Conjuring | Teen Ink

The Conjuring

May 18, 2018
By Clairespenard BRONZE, New Port Richey, Florida
Clairespenard BRONZE, New Port Richey, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am a huge fan of horror movies. You name it; I've seen it. My personal favorite is "The Conjuring". For those who haven't had the ability to experience this movie, I will gladly sum it up for you.

It all started with a large family of 7; Mother, father and five daughters. They move into a large house that hides a mysterious past that they aren't aware of. They begin to experience paranormal activities such as doors slamming, all clocks stopping at the same time, and pictures falling off the walls. After that, things get a lot worse. They start getting attacked by the evil spirit and the mother had become possessed. Under the control of the demonic spirit, she tried killing her children, but luckily was tied up and rescued by undergoing an exorcism.

The acting in the movie is very realistic; the children were very convincing with their acting. Since this movie was set to be in the 1970's, they had to match the clothing to that era. I believe they succeeded at accomplishing that. 

I personally enjoyed the scary pop-up parts during the movie, such as when there was a ghost of a lady that jumped off a dresser onto one of the young girls. It is very common for scary movies to be cheesy, but the directors of this movie created a realistic horror film. The actors did an outstanding job at playing their parts that it seemed like the event was happening to them.

Although I adore the movie, I believe the writers should have incorporated the Anabelle doll more. She was shown for a few minutes in the beginning of the movie but then wasn’t a part of the main concept of it.

I highly recommend this movie to my fellow horror movie lovers. The first time I watched it, my heart was beating so fast, but I could never look away from the screen. Since I found this movie to be scary, I had my friend watch it. Her reaction was a little different. She screamed at the top of her lungs "that scared the crap out of me!", grabbed my arm and buried her face into a blanket. I would rate this movie as a 4.5 out of 5.